Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Worst of Both Worlds

I got in someone's way today.  Or something. I was on my way to a seat in voice class when someone said "Excuse me," in an aggrieved tone.

This seems to encapsulate my entire life. I am always in someone's way, always offending in some manner that I don't understand. I get yelled at. I get honked at. I get nasty notes left on my car.

And they never forgive. Today I said "oh, sorry" and she didn't even respond. It's very weird to me because I'll forgive just about anything. But NT people seem to hold onto anger forever, no matter how much you apologize. They decide you shouldn't have been behaving like that and that's it.

I can read voices and body language, at least to some degree. But I'm starting to think it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment