Monday, August 1, 2022

Ack! My heart is walking around outside my body and it doesn't feel well!

 My family is away on a road trip and my daughter is miserably sick. (Probably not Covid, though it's hard to be sure.) It hurts my heart so much. She loves road tripping with her dad, but I'm the one she wants when she's sick and it kills me that I can't be with her.

My husband will probably go to London again later this year and I was pondering whether to go along this time. The thought of the miserable flight and having to be masked nonstop for long was already a strong mark in the con column, but the thought of my child maybe getting sick -- or us getting sick and not able to get back to her -- pretty much finishes that idea. 

We were going to leave her on her own for the first time ever... in March of 2020. Had a schedule made up with all our friends to check in on her and everything. And I definitely think we still should, but maybe stay on the same continent for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment